Tinaroo Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Tinaroo (4872) is a suburb of Northern, Cairns, Queensland. It is about 1379 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Tinaroo is in the federal electorate of Kennedy.

In the 2011 census the population of Tinaroo was 282 and is comprised of approximately 49.3% females and 50.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tinaroo is 55 years of age.

77.0% of people living in the suburb of Tinaroo were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.3% England, 2.5% New Zealand, 2.5% United States of America, 1.8% Poland, 1.8% Indonesia, 1.8% Papua New Guinea, 1.4% Netherlands.

94.3% of people living in Tinaroo speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tinaroo is 23.9% Anglican, 21.5% No religion, 19.4% Catholic, 10.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 7.0% Uniting Church, 2.8% Baptist, 2.1% Christian, nfd, 2.1% Other religious affiliation , 1.1% Buddhism.

68.0% of people are married, 14.0% have never married and 12.0% are divorced and 2.0% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Tinaroo.

56.5% of the people living in Tinaroo over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.2% are working on a part time basis. Tinaroo has an unemployment rate of 7.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Tinaroo are 20.9% Professionals, 15.5% Managers, 13.6% Technicians & trades workers, 11.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.9% Labourers, 8.2% Sales workers, 8.2% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Tinaroo work in are 17.0% Health care and social assistance, 15.1% Education and training, 12.3% Accommodation and food services, 11.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.4% Retail trade, 8.5% Manufacturing, 5.7% Public administration and safety, 4.7% Arts and recreation services, 4.7% Construction.

64.5% of homes are fully owned, and 13.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $452 per week and the median household income is $838 per week.

The median rent in Tinaroo is $225 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1528 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tinaroo postcode 4872

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Hideaway Bay 4800 -> Central Coast -> Queensland